Learn how to import your parts lists into a specific shop in the BidClips provider portal
To get started, it is a good practice to first perform the parts export process so you have a file layout template to use.
Import file requirements are:
* Must be in comma-separated values (.csv) format
* Must contain correct field column headings (can be obtained by executing the Export parts process)
The complete list of data fields, along with Import notes and tips is shown below:
To start the process, simply click the 'IMPORT PARTS' button. You will then get a pop-up panel asking you to select a file to import. You select a file by clicking on the 'SELECT FILE' button. You will notice that the panel suggests executing an Export process first to get a sample .csv template to assist. You already know the format, so we will just go ahead and run the import.
NOTE: If you do not select a .csv file type, you will get an error message.
Once you have selected the correct .csv file you want to import, it will be shown on the pop-up panel under the Shop Name.
You are now ready to go and can click the 'IMPORT PARTS' button on the pop-up panel.
Finally, you will notice a '100%' icon in the upper right corner of the Parts List page. This icon indicates that the Import process has completed.
Click on the '100%' ( ) icon to see a summary count of new parts, updated parts, and the number of errors.
If you want to see more information regarding any import errors that were encountered; click on the 'Show Error Details' link. This will tell you which row of the .csv file the error was encountered, the part number and part description values attempted to be imported, the field/column name, and some more detail about why the error was encountered.
You will simply click the 'CLOSE' button on both open panels. Once those open panels are closed, the '100%' icon will disappear.
Common Import errors are:
* Non-numeric values for part costs, lead time days, and/or restocking fee amount field(s).
* Invalid (not '$' or '%') values for restocking fees currency flag field.
* Invalid (not blank or 'TRUE') values for 'need to order', 'has restocking fees', and/or 'eligible for member pricing field(s)'.
* Missing BidClips object id values for existing parts to be updated.