This article will provide a summary explanation of the BidClips integration with QuickBooks Online.
The QuickBooks integration will allow you to easily transmit job and payment information from your BidClips provider portal directly into your QuickBooks Online account.
Getting Started with Your QuickBooks Integration
In order to start using the QuickBooks integration, you must first instantiate the integration within your BidClips provider portal. This can be done in three simple steps:
- Add an Integration from the 'Integrations' link in the Configure section of the left-side Navigation Menu
- Login to your QuickBooks Online account when prompted
- Grant permission to share your QuickBooks Online data with BidClips
To learn more about getting started with your QuickBooks integration, click here.
Configuring Your QuickBooks Integration
Once the QuickBooks integration has been added to your BidClips provider portal, you will be able to control certain integration behaviors within the integration configuration settings. The integration configuration settings will allow you to:
- Associate the QuickBooks company you have added to the integrations list to a BidClips shop.
- Assign a default QuickBooks line item for your shop service offerings.
- Override the default QuickBooks line item value for specific shop service offerings, if desired.
- Determine when BidClips job and payment information is transmitted to QuickBooks. Options include:
- Sync on Data Change Only - BidClips job and payment information is transmitted automatically whenever a job is created, a job is changed, or any payment is recorded in BidClips without giving any user in your provider portal the ability to transmit data manually.
- Sync Manually Only - BidClips job and payment is only transmitted manually by a user in your provider portal.
- Allow both Data Change Sync and Manual Sync - BidClips job and payment information is transmitted automatically as described above, but a user can also initiate a manual transmission should the need arise.
- Decide if you want to create a QuickBooks contact automatically whenever a transmission is triggered and an existing QuickBooks contact is not found for the BidClips contact involved in the transmission.
- Establish if you want to update a QuickBooks contact whenever its linked BidClips contact is modified. You will learn more about linking contacts in the next section of this article.
- Provide a list of email addresses to be notified in the event an integration transmission failure.
- Enable/Disable the Integration at any time.
To learn more about configuring your QuickBooks integration, click here.
Linking QuickBooks contacts with BidClips contacts
The linkage between QuickBooks contacts and BidClips contacts, in conjunction with your integration configuration settings, will determine how and when data is transmitted and which QuickBooks customers are impacted by the transmissions. Once you have added a QuickBooks integration to your BidClips provider portal, you will be able to perform the following actions: .
- Execute a global import and linking of QuickBooks contacts to BidClips contacts. When a global import is executed, a BidClips contact will be created if a matching contact is not found.
- View current linking status for a specific QuickBooks account.
- Link a specific QuickBooks contact to a BidClips contact.
- Unlink a specific QuickBooks contact from its existing BidClips contact.
To learn more about linking QuickBooks contacts with BidClips contacts, click here.
Job and Payment Data Transmitted to QuickBooks
BidClips job and payment data will be recorded as invoices and payments on invoices in your QuickBooks Online account subsequent to transmission. Let's consider the following job and payment events in BidClips and what the impact will be on your QuickBooks account, assuming your integration is configured to have automatic syncing:
- Job is created in BidClips --> an invoice is created in QuickBooks with notes including the BidClips job reference number and shop service offering added in the Message on Statement section
- Job is modified in BidClips --> the invoice is updated in QuickBooks
- Job is cancelled in BidClips --> the invoice originally created for the BidClips job is voided in QuickBooks with an updated note in the Message on Statement section
- Canceled job is rebooked in BidClips --> a new invoice is created in QuickBooks with notes including the BidClips job reference number and shop service offering added in the Message on Statement section
- Partial Down Payment is received for a BidClips job --> a payment is recorded in QuickBooks against the invoice created when the BidClips job was created with a note in the Memo section.
- Additional Partial Payment is received for a BidClips job --> a payment is recorded in QuickBooks against the invoice created when the BidClips job was created with a note in the Memo section.
- Full/Final Payment is received for a BidClips job --> a payment is recorded in QuickBooks against the invoice created when the BidClips job was created and that invoice is marked "Paid"
Note: In the case of a manual sync, a summary of all the events that occurred up to the time of the sync will be combined together.
To learn more about the data that is transmitted to QuickBooks, click here.
Some things to consider while working with your QuickBooks integration
- The QuickBooks integration supports QuickBooks Online accounts only. QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Enterprise versions are not supported.
- The QuickBooks integration supports a one-to-one mapping between a QuickBooks Company and a BidClips shop.
- Negative payments recorded in BidClips will not be transmitted to QuickBooks and must be handled manually in your QuickBooks Online account.
- While BidClips does support multiple contact association with a job, the Primary Contact on a job will be used when transmitting data in the QuickBooks integration.